Complementary Steel Product Technologies at AISTech 2015
Aprile 29th, 2015 by Quintolubric
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., April 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — In high temperature environments, such as steel mills, fires can spontaneously happen with an increased frequency due to the widespread use of highly flammable mineral-oil based products. Additionally, the rapid and aggressive ignition rate of mineral oils further increases the risks leading to operational disruptions, plant shutdown, and threats to worker safety. These dangers can be reduced and managed preventively with Quaker Chemical (NYSE: KWR) solutions:
- QUINTOPLEX™ fire-resistant greases http://www.quakerchem.com/product/greases
- QUINTOLUBRIC® fire-resistant hydraulic fluids http://www.quakerchem.com/product/hydraulic-fluids
These solutions address concerns regarding steel mill operations, lowering costs, improving performance, extending machine life, and worker safety; and complement the process fluids solutions already offered by Quaker.
Additionally, the QUINTOPLEX™ fire-resistant greases contribute to minimizing the total cost of ownership as a product solution that requires less volume and reduces energy during use. Quaker introduced this product on hot strip walking beam furnace operation which resulted in a 90% reduction in fires, reduced corrosion on the roller bearings, and the removal of the continuous water supply. (http://www.quakerchem.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/cs_quintoplex_LX_1_EP.pdf).
Quaker’s fire-resistant hydraulic fluids, specialty greases, and entire steel portfolio ranging from cleaners, rolling oils, corrosion preventives, pickle oils, temper fluids, and surface treatments (http://www.quakerchem.com/expert-experience/industry-expertise/steel/) will be represented at AISTech 2015, the steel industry’s premier technology event. Quaker will be exhibiting at Booth 1165 (http://www.quakerchem.com/aistech2015) from May 4th to 6th at the AISTech Conference and Exposition at the Cleveland Convention Center in Cleveland, Ohio. Quaker Associates will be presenting papers during the conference sessions:
- “Surface Microstructure of Normal and Defected Cold Rolled Sheet Investigated by SEM/EDS and Surface Profilemetry”, by Rob Smits, Research Scientist, on Tuesday, May 5th at 3:30 pm – Room 14
- “Fluid Lubrication and Insert Wear in the Thread Cutting of High Strength Pipe Materials”, by Robert Evans, Research Scientist, on Tuesday, May 5th at 4:00 pm – Room 16
- “Fire Hazard Reduction in Steel Mills with the Implementation of Fire Resistant Grease”, by Joel Garrett, President, Summit Lubricants, a Quaker Chemical Subsidiary, on Wednesday, May 6th at 2:30 pm – Room 23
About Quaker Chemical Corporation:
Quaker Chemical is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties, and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years, Quaker has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services. Headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania USA, Quaker serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference. Visit quakerchem.com to learn more.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/complementary-steel-product-technologies-and-expertise-at-aistech-2015-300074158.html
SOURCE Quaker Chemical Corporation
Eliana Holguin, Global Marketing Manager, email@example.com, T. 610.832.7897